Hair Salon Info
2919 Mall Dr
Across from Festival Foods
Hair Salon Hours
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Haircuts for Everyone
- Haircuts for Men and Women
- Haircuts for Kids
- Haircuts for Seniors
- Short Style
- Long Style
- Formal Style
- Neck Trim
- Beard Trim
- Bang Trim
- Hair Shampoo
Learn More About Great Clips Services
Express your creativity, work a flexible schedule that fits your lifestyle, and show off your talents with customers in Eau Claire!
View Salon Jobs
Great Clips Promotions
Check out the latest and greatest product promotions, haircut coupons, and national sports partnerships here. To stay up-to-date faster, download the Great Clips app!
Frequently Asked Questions
- No. Great Clips salons are focused on getting you in and out with a great haircut at whatever time is most convienent for you! You can walk in when you're ready for your haircut, or you can add your name to the waitlist using Online Check-in on greatclips.com or with the Great Clips® app. When you check in online, you can sign up for ReadyNext texts to recieve a text message when your wait time reaches 15 minutes.
- Yes, Great Clips salons accept walk-ins! When you're ready for your haircut, you can walk right in to the salon and check in at the front desk, and you'll be taken back as soon as it's your turn. To make getting your haircut at Great Clips South Pointe Shopping Center even faster, you can check in online on greatclips.com or with the Great Clips® app. If you check in online, you can sign up for ReadyNext texts to recieve a text message when your wait time reaches 15 minutes.
- With Online Check-In®, you can put your name on the list from anywhere – meaning the time you might spend in the lobby can be spent at home or running errands. Online Check-In also shows you real-time estimated wait times so you can make getting a haircut work for your schedule. You can check in online on greatclips.com or with the Great Clips® app! When you check in online, you can also sign up for ReadyNext text alerts to receive a text message when your wait time reaches 15 minutes.
- Check-In can be used for all services except perms and formal updos. Please note that not all salons offer perms. Most salons require an appointment for these services, so please call Great Clips South Pointe Shopping Center to inquire.
- No. For the stylist’s safety, we do not publish their schedules or allow customers to request them using Online Check-In. We do keep Clip Notes®, which are technical notes on previous haircuts you received at a Great Clips salon, so any stylist can give you a consistently great haircut. If you would like to request a particular stylist, be sure to say that when you arrive at the salon and finish your check-in. Note that requesting a stylist may increase your estimated wait time.
- Online Check-In becomes available five minutes after the salon opens. Around closing time, we accept Online Check-Ins up to the point where the Estimated Wait Time is as long as the salon will remain open, or 30 minutes before closing time at the latest. Very rarely a salon will get so busy that the wait time gets too long and Online Check-In will be temporarily unavailable. You’ll probably never see that, but if you do just check back later.
- The Great Clips® app saves you time and makes it easy to check in to your next haircut! With the Great Clips® app, you can set favorite salons that show right on the home screen of the app. If you create an account, checking in is even faster! This lets you quickly see the wait times for nearby salons. Great Clips also sends personalized offers, product promotions, and even haircare and hair styling tips right to your notification inbox.
- Great Clips salons provide haircuts for Men and Women at one great price, with special pricing for Kids haircuts and Senior haircuts. Great Clips South Pointe Shopping Center also offer shampoo services. If you're looking for a quick touch up, Great Clips hair stylists provide neck trims, beard trims, and bang trims. Hair styling services are also available for short styles, long styles, and formal styles. You can view all of Great Clips haircare services here.
- Great Clips salons are independently owned, and the local salon owner determines prices. For salon service pricing information at Great Clips South Pointe Shopping Center, please click here
- Great Clips salons do not provide hair coloring services.
- We want all our customers to feel confident and happy leaving the salon, which is why your complete satisfaction on all services and products is fully guaranteed. If you have concerns with the service or products you received, we encourage you to talk to your local Great Clips salon staff.
- Customers can receive Great Clips coupons through multiple ways including print postcards, Facebook and Instagram ads, emails, app messages, and more. To stay up to date with Great Clips offers and promotions, you can download the app and create a profile, sign up for emails, and follow your local Great Clips salon on Facebook. We urge you to be cautious with any coupons you might see online as some are not authorized by Great Clips or are only applicable to specific salons. If you’re not sure if a coupon is valid, we recommend checking with your local salon."
- Great Clips franchised salons are hiring GREAT hair stylists! Search job openings and submit your interest online at jobs.greatclips.com and a local salon owner will get in touch. You can also walk into a salon to submit an application. All Great Clips salons are owned by independent franchisees that are in charge of their own hiring and employment practices.
About Great Clips at South Pointe Shopping Center
Located in Eau Claire, WI, Great Clips is a convenient way to get a great haircut at an affordable price.Whether you're looking for a great haircut near you, an expert in men's haircuts, or a hair stylist who's skilled at the latest women's haircut trends, Great Clips has you covered. Our Eau Claire, WI team of hair stylists receive ongoing training on advanced technical skills, new hairstyle trends, and customer care so they can bring your dream haircut to life.We also make it easy to get your next great haircut. Conveniently located at 2919 Mall Dr in Eau Claire, WI, we're an easy to get to hair salon near you. And because we're open evenings and weekends, you can get a haircut at a time that works for you. We even save you time with Online Check-In®, letting you put your name on the list in the salon even before you've arrived.We look forward to serving you!
Check in Now
Most sources say to tip around 15%-20%, so a 15% tip is probably OK in most situations. And ultimately, it's up to you how much you want to tip your hairdresser, stylist or barber.How much is a haircut at Great Clips? ›
Great Clips Haircut Prices
Great Clips adult haircuts are priced anywhere from $13 to $16. Kids' and seniors' cuts range from $11 to $14. Kid and senior haircuts are priced at $2 less than adult haircuts.
Remember the golden rule: "You should tip 20 percent on the entire service cost, not per individual," says Schweitzer. So if your haircut and blow-dry cost $40 total, and your color was $60, your total service cost comes to $100. That means you should tip $20 divided between the colorist and stylist.How do I find a local hairdresser on Instagram? ›
Search particular hashtags on Instagram. Things like [your city] + hair or hairstylist. For example: #austinhairstylist #austinsalon #austintexashair #austinhairartist etc. Likely if there is a salon in your area that is up on the trends, which should be what you want, they'll have an active Instagram account.How much do you tip for a $20 haircut? ›
20 percent is the most common tipping percentage in the hair industry. Tipping anywhere from 20 to 25 percent is a great range for anyone who is a salon regular or just received a haircut they love.How much do I tip on a $25 haircut? ›
How much to tip cheat sheet. Using 20% as a tipping baseline, here's what you'd expect to pay for the tip: $20 haircut - $4 tip. $25 haircut - $5 tip.How much should I tip for a $15 haircut? ›
Generally speaking, for good service, you should tip 15 to 20 percent of the entire bill. Tip more for exceptional service or less for what you consider to be inadequate service.Should I wash my hair before a haircut? ›
Not only is it hygienic, but showering before a haircut will also improve the quality of the cut. When your hair is clean, it's easier to work with. The barber will have a much easier time cutting it, and the results will be better.Is $5 tip enough for haircut? ›
“Most people will do $5.” Others said people should leave a similar tip to what they would leave at a restaurant. “I would say around 20% is fine,” said Adam Quintero, owner of Up Hair in the Castro. Stong Guo, the owner of Russian Hill's Tulip Salon, gave similar advice for what amounts to a good tip.Is $10 a good tip for a $50 haircut? ›
Here's a simple guide if quick math also isn't your strong suit: $25 service = $5 tip. $50 service = $10 tip. $100 service = $20 tip.
Should You Tip With Cash or on a Card? “Cash is still king,” says Hegdahl. In general, hairdressers prefer receiving their tips in cash, she adds, mainly because they'll get to keep more of it than they would with tips added to credit card payments.What is a good tip for a $10 haircut? ›
It is customary to tip 15-20% for a haircut, so for a $10 haircut, it would be appropriate to tip $1.50 to $2. How much do you tip for a $10 haircut?Who is the most famous hair stylist? ›
One of the most famous Hollywood hairstylists in the world, Vidal Sassoon started out cutting hair in his London based salon in 1954. He later became well-known for his short and angular haircuts that were iconic of the 1960s, such as the bob and pixie cuts.How do you tell your hairdresser you are going somewhere else? ›
- “The salon's just too far away...it's hard for me to get here!”
- “Someone gave me a gift certificate from another salon.”
- “My mom / sister / girlfriend is treating me to a day at her favorite salon.”
- “I'm not going to be using this color / treatment any more.”
"Three to five dollars is a sufficient tip," Swann says. "It doesn't necessarily need to be a percentage of the food you ordered."Why do hairdressers dye hair before cutting? ›
Applying hair color before a haircut makes it so much easier to section while coloring, prevents color overlapping from one section to another, and gives you a great final cut and color.What to do when you don't like your haircut? ›
Open communication with your stylist can go a long way, so be open and frank about how you are feeling. We get it: It can be intimidating to approach a professional artist and say some version of "I don't like your work." But a good stylist knows their cuts are personal to the client, not the stylist.Should you tip your hairdresser when you have to go back for a correction? ›
Our four celeb stylists all agreed that they don't expect clients to tip if they are not satisfied. "If a client is still unhappy after I've tried fixing their haircut, I wouldn't expect them to tip. I would expect little or no tip until you redeem yourself the next time," says Abrio.Do I tip the owner of a hair salon? ›
Today, salon owners are often classified as master stylists, but their rates are not much different than other stylists in the salon. Because of this, owners should be tipped using the same scale of 15-20% of the final bill.How long does a haircut take? ›
The same goes for any other type of haircut, even if it's just a trim. So, how long do men's haircuts take? Generally speaking, you should expect to be in the barber's chair for at least 15 minutes. If you're getting a more complex cut, you could be in the chair for 30 minutes or maybe even longer.
To find 20%, start by finding 10%, then double that amount. So, if your haircut costs $60.00, find 10% by moving the decimal one digit to the left. Ten percent of $60 is $6. Then double that $6 to arrive at your 20% tip: $12.Is it rude not to tip your barber? ›
If your barber does an exceptional job, then a tip is not expected, but is certainly seen as common courtesy. As we mentioned, a generous tip perpetuates good service.What do you tip for a $150 haircut? ›
Tipping on a $150 Service
When it comes to determining how much to tip on a $150 service, it's important to consider the standard percentage. 15% of $150 is $22.5, while 20% is $30. So, a tip of $22.5 to $30 would be considered appropriate for a $150 service.
It's generally not ideal to arrive with heavy product build-up from styling your hair the day of your appointment, especially if you're getting a dry cut or highlights before washing. It can cause hair color to go on unevenly and affect how your hair stylist evaluates your pre-cut hair type and texture.Should I wash my hair the morning before a haircut? ›
When deciding whether or not you should wash your hair before a haircut, the experts overwhelmingly agree – yes! Washing your hair before a cut ensures the stylist can see and work with your natural texture and shape.Should I dry my hair before a haircut? ›
More From Good Housekeeping. For most textures, Tripodi actually recommends trimming hair while it's slightly damp. "If it's towel-dried and a lot of moisture is taken out of the hair, but you can still see its natural texture, that's a generally good time to cut it," she explains.How much do you tip for pedicure? ›
The widely accepted minimum tip in the industry is 15 percent, Kandalec says, but the most common tip at a nail salon is 20 percent. This is similar to what's expected when tipping at a hair salon, or for a massage or spa treatment.How much do you tip a nail salon? ›
How Much Should You Tip? Much like at restaurants and hair salons, the industry standard for tipping at the nail salon ranges around 15 to 20 percent, and it is generally recommended that if you've received extra services or specialty designs, a minimum of 20 percent is appreciated.How much does a haircut cost? ›
Overall, we found that the nationwide average price range for a haircut is $56. Women's cuts are around $69 and men's are about $43 on average.How much do you tip for a 60 haircut? ›
A common tip for a $60 haircut is around 20% which would be $12. However, the amount you tip can vary based on your personal preference and satisfaction with the service. If you received exceptional service and were extremely pleased with the outcome of your haircut, you may choose to tip a little more.
How much should you tip a hairdresser on $200? The standard tip for a hairdresser is 20%. So, if your bill comes to $200, you would typically tip $40.Do you tip hairdresser 20%? ›
Just as you would tip your stylist who cuts and styles your hair, Miller says a 20 percent tip is the standard here, too, and many hairdressers may expect this.What is a female hairdresser called? ›
Technically, a hairdresser is the same as a hair stylist, although the term “hairdresser” is a bit out of fashion and was used primarily to refer to females.Can you tip with card at Great Clips? ›
Conversation. that is correct, the $9.99 card is preloaded with 9.99 haircuts. Tips would need to be cash or debit/credit card.Why do salons prefer cash? ›
Any kind of card payment charges a percentage of the payment. Paying tips in cash eliminates this extra charge, otherwise at the cost of the employee. They receive the full tip and are only responsible for taxes.Who is Jennifer Aniston's hair stylist? ›
One of the secrets to Aniston's perfectly undone hair is now on sale at Amazon: the Shu Uemura sculpting paste, according to Aniston's hair stylist Chris McMillan.What is the top salary for a hair stylist? ›
The average salary for a hair stylist in California is $28,000 per year. Hair stylist salaries in California can vary between $16,000 to $72,000 and depend on various factors, including skills, experience, employer, bonuses, tips, and more.Who is the richest hair stylist? ›
Rossano Ferretti is known as the most exclusive and expensive hair dresser in the world.What not to say to a hairdresser? ›
- Just take an inch off. Your definition of an inch is not the same as your hairdresser's. ...
- I have never dyed my hair (but there was that time…) ...
- I cut my own hair. ...
- I have lots of time to style my hair in the morning (but you really don't) ...
- I'm running late.
A: Clients switch stylists for hundreds of reasons. It doesn't mean the stylist did anything wrong, but that the new stylist was a better fit for the client's needs and desires. Stick with the stylist who best fits your needs and style preferences at that time.
- Use a Hydrating Shampoo Twice a Week (But Not a Combined Shampoo-Conditioner)
- Use a Standalone Conditioner Daily.
- Consider Hair Oil (as a Styler or Treatment)
- Buy a Blow Dryer.
- Pick the Right Product for Your Hair (and Desired Style)
Using daylight bulbs in your salon is the simplest way to go, and requires no extra equipment. However, if you will be taking a lot of photos of your work, you may want to consider investing in a ring light.Is $10 a good tip for a $20 haircut? ›
“$10 to $20 is generous,” Rivera said. “Most people will do $5.” Others said people should leave a similar tip to what they would leave at a restaurant. “I would say around 20% is fine,” said Adam Quintero, owner of Up Hair in the Castro.How much do I tip on a $50 haircut? ›
$50 service = $10 tip. $100 service = $20 tip. $150 service = $30 tip. $200 service = $40 tip.What should I tip on a $15 haircut? ›
Generally speaking, for good service, you should tip 15 to 20 percent of the entire bill. Tip more for exceptional service or less for what you consider to be inadequate service.Is 15% tip enough for haircut? ›
Not sure how much to tip your hairstylist? We asked three etiquette experts, two salon professionals and a certified financial planner. Most of these experts suggest leaving 15% to 20%, depending on the service and your satisfaction. Going with 20% is nice for the stylist and you because that math is pretty simple.Should I tip my hairdresser in cash? ›
Should You Tip With Cash or on a Card? “Cash is still king,” says Hegdahl. In general, hairdressers prefer receiving their tips in cash, she adds, mainly because they'll get to keep more of it than they would with tips added to credit card payments.What do you tip for $200 hair? ›
How much should you tip a hairdresser on $200? The standard tip for a hairdresser is 20%. So, if your bill comes to $200, you would typically tip $40.How do you tell your hairdresser you are going to someone else? ›
Call or text your old stylist and let him gently know that you'll be seeing his co-worker from now on. Reaching out first helps quell rumors and awkwardness around their work environment. Honesty, again, is the best policy. But another good bit of advice is “Say what you mean, but don't say it mean.”How much do you tip for a $100 hair cut? ›
When you spend $100 on highlights, how much is expected? "The industry standard for gratuity is within the range of 18 percent to 22 percent for excellent service," says director of salon operations at Devachan Salon, Rebecca Matthews.